It's going to be a gorgeous day, sunny skies, 70 degrees. The leaves are changing. Make sure you find some time to enjoy it. Tuesday night, temperatures should drop to around 57 degrees, with a 20 percent cance of rain.
No major issues here. Keep an eye on the map above before you head out.
- Zumba Class/Contemporary Dance, Kings Park Dance Center, 7:30 p.m.
- Free Practice SAT Test, Huntington Learning Center, East Northport, 10:15 a.m.
- Back-to-School Meditation, Long Island Healing Arts and Learning Center, Huntington, 6:15 p.m.
Hurricane Sandy disrupted many lives in the Commack area, where in pockets power was cut for more than a week. Ahead of the first anniversary we're trying to compile the personal stories from community members about what the storm dealt them, and how they recovered. Will you share?
- Girls Volleyball at Patchogue-Medford, 5:45 p.m.
- Girls Cross County at Patchogue-Medford, 4:15 p.m.
- Boys Cross Country hosts Patchogue-Medford, 4:15 p.m.
- Girls Gymnastics hosts West Babylon, 4 p.m.
- Field Hockey hosts Willam Floyd, 4 p.m.
The Smithtown Library District vote is today.
The smoking ban in state parks is lifted ... for now.
And we want to see your halloween decorations.
9 Ways You Can Share Thursday
- Post Your Weekend Yard Sale
- Share Photos of the Community
- Tell Us Where Your Last Great Meal Was
- Chat With Parents About Raising a Family in Commack
- Share Photos, Kudos or Observations of Commack Sports
- Wish Someone in Town Happy Birthday
- Chat About School District Issues
- Hold Your Local Government Accountable
- Got Road Rage? Talk About the Infrastructure