The day before Christmas Eve has many people rushing out to supermarkets and for some last minute gifts. If you're trying to get out of the holiday rush, there are still some regular events you and your children can attend.
1. : A preschool program at the Sweetbriar Nature Center in Smithtownwill have your children embracing nature in ways you've never imagined. The costs range for members and non-members and can be found on their website.
2. : The Ward Melville Heritage Organization holds a daily, free exhibition of Norman Rockwell artwork, open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. : A weekly event, Senior Shape-Up – on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. –allows adults to enjoy low-intensity cardio exercises, mixed with toning and flexibility work. Senior coupons can be used for these classes, more information on this can be found at the JCC.
4. Fencing: at Commack against Huntington at 4 p.m. at Commack High School.
5. Get Social: You like us, you know you do, so like us on Facebook or Tweet with us on Twitter. Our friends at Long Island Patch also have Facebook and Twitter profiles so you can learn about news all across the Island – and share with your friends. Have thoughts on how we can improve our coverage, your social media experience or anything else? E-mail email@example.com.