With the slew of snow storms we've been inundated with these past few weeks, we're all starting to go a little stir-crazy. Make today about getting out and being active, despite Mother Nature.
1. : Who says health food can't be delicious? Stop by at 6:30 p.m. for a free food tasting and healthy cooking demo. To continue your healthy-foodie binge, stop by in Lake Grove, which gives a free tour of the store every Wednesday at 5 p.m.
2. : We know there's still a foot of snow on the ground, but the time has come to register your little one for Commack South Little League. Stop by from 7 to 9 p.m. and sign up for the spring season.
3. Get Fit: Don't use the harsh winter weather to justify being out of shape. There are plenty of indoor group exercise classes held weekly around town, including (10:15 a.m.) and (8:45 a.m.) at (10:15 a.m.), as well as (9:00 a.m.) at . Classes are held each Wednesday.
4. : If you missed it, read about Susan Torns, a Commack woman who collided with a car head-on while driving the wrong way on Vets Highway Monday night.
5. : Today marks the official launch of a bunch of new features geared especially toward moms. Check out new columns throughout the day, and of course, let us know what you think.