Tuesday can be terrific if you stop by one of these local events.
1. : Get ready for this month's book discussion at the Nesconset branch of the by stopping by to pick up the book between 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
2. : Let your kids channel their inner artist at the , where they'll use eggs, beads, rocks and other materials to make works of art. Parents are asked to bring their kids at 10:30 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. with a smock and drink.
3. : There's a reason Chia Pets grow so quickly: chia seeds are super healthy--packing fiber, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients. Listen to Dr. Margaret Conover discuss the merits of chia seeds and sample some yourself. Be at the at 6:30 p.m.
4. Say It Ain't Snow: No, seeing a snow warning in the daily "Five Things" column isn't deja vu. Forecasts are calling for another round of the white stuff. If there's any school closings or delays, keep your browser on Commack Patch for the latest updates, and don't forget to send your snow photos to email@example.com.
5. : Snowmen made of snow are cool, but snowmen made of marshmallow are delicious. Make one at the of the Smithtown Library tonight at 7 p.m.