1. : Activist and author of new novel Jerusalem Maiden, Talia Carner will be discussing her inspirations as a writer at the . Copies of her book will be available for purchase and autograph. Registration is required.
2. : Join fellow bookworms at the at 1 p.m. for a discussion of Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. No registration is required.
3. : Take your little one to the Barnes and Noble at Smith Haven Mall for children's story time at 10 a.m.. Kids can also sing songs and make crafts.
4. : Attention, seniors—It's never too late to get in shape. Head to the Suffolk Y. Jewish Community Center at 11:15 a.m. for a low-intensity workout designed to improve flexibility and tone your muscles.
5. Heat Advisory: Temperatures are going to continue to rise today, so stay cool and drink plenty of liquids and .