A strong community is one with an active culture of people getting involved. From booster clubs and PTA groups, to the Kiwanis and Rotary clubs, to local nonprofit organizations, they each help make the community stronger in one way or another.
But many of those groups run on the strength of volunteers, who aren't always easy to find. And on the flip side, many people want to get involved but don't always know where to start.
That's where Commack Patch comes in.
On our announcements page, there's a special category for "Volunteers Needed," where groups can post notes about events that need staff, organizations that need members, and other such connections.
Here's how to do it:
- Log in to Patch or create a user account.
- Click on the announcements page.
- Click "Add an announcement" and follow the steps. Be sure to add a photo or PDF to accompany your announcement. You can even add a video.
- When you're done, click "submit."
- Your announcement is now live for the Commack community to see.