This column will show you the Patch news from surrounding towns including Commack, Dix Hills, Huntington, Hauppauge, Northport and Smithtown.
- , according to data released by the Empire Center, was the highest paid school employee in the state in 2010 – pulling in over $600,000 in his retirement year.
- , which affects the East Northport community and Smithtown communities along Route 25 as well.
- continues in the finals with a win over Fordham Prep, 39-14.
- may have a chance at championship gymnastics in his future.
- defeated all teams in their division to be the Long Island Champions and are headed to Syracuse this week to compete in the State Championships.
- took a trip to West Hills County Park for a retreat and learned how to pitch a tent, cook food on an open fire and other survival activities.
- lost track of a student because he was on the phone, according to the student's mother who did not wish to be identified.
- A has been named at Huntington Hospital.
- was reported by Patch and officials report that it will re-open Tuesday at 9 a.m..
- what lies ahead for Long Island.
- According to , now might be just the time to open a bottle of white, instead of reaching for the traditional cold-weather red.
- – and will continue to do so until Nov. 28.
- Students at on Wednesday.
- at the Smithtown board of education meeting.
- after crashing into a parked ambulance. No serious injuries were reported, according to SmithtownPatch.
- on Route 347, which puts it closer to the competitor, but in a larger space.