With the weekend right around the corner, locals can take advantage of all the exciting events in and around Smithtown, from a local food drive to two outdoor summer concerts.
Check out our list of this weekend's local events.
A fun and educational program "Life in a Shell" for children ages 5 and up.
- When: Saturday, August 6 at 10:00 a.m.
- Where: Caleb Smith State Park, 581 W Jericho Tpke, Smithtown
- Contact: http://nysparks.state.ny.us/
- Price: $4 adults/$3 children/$8 parking.
A food drive to support the local community will be held at the Smithtown Landing Country Club.
- When: Saturday, August 6 at 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Town of Smithtown Recreation Department, 495 Landing Ave, Smithtown
- Contact: 631-747-7582
The East Northport annual fair will have food, games, rides and fun for the whole family.
- When: Saturday, August 6 at 7:00 p.m.
- Where: 1 9th Ave, East Northport
- Contact: http://www.eastnorthportfd.org/
Enjoy 133 acres, dogwood, oak, hickory trees and a water playground for the children.
- When: Saturday, August 6 at 11:00 a.m.
- Where: Hoyt Farm Nature Preserve, 200 New Hwy, Commack
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price: Free.
A free outdoor concert will be held on the Stony Brook Village Green.
- When: Sunday, August 7 at 7:00 p.m.
- Where: 111 Main St, Stony Brook
- Price: Free.
Support local farmers and pick up fresh fruit, vegetables, plants, flowers and much more.
- When: Sunday, August 7 at 9:00 a.m.
- Where: 1 E Main St, Kings Park
- Contact: http://www.ligreenmarket.org
- Price: Free event.
Hop on the Moon Chaser and cruise the Great South Bay and listen to live music.
- When: Sunday, August 7 at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: 3500 E. Ocean Parkway, Babylon
- Contact: http://captreefleet.com/
- Price: $47, Beer, wine and soda are included in ticket price.