Back-to-school time is usually a mixed bag of emotions for both parents and students. As some residents pointed out, there are many things to like. There's the excitement of finding out who your new teacher is and what friends are in your class. New supplies and a new bus. For some students it's the prospect of a brand new school.
Then again, not everyone loves back-to-school time. Or even if you do like it, there are things that just get under your skin. With the help of our readers and followers on social media we compiled a list of the six worst things about going back-to-school in Commack.
The Six Worst Things About Back-To-School in Commack
1. Aileen Ferraiolo Sluka said that when back-to-school shopping she finds that the "Staples store on Jericho Turnpike is so poorly managed."
2. Rachel Gentile commented that she is having toruble finding "extra long twin memory foam mattress covers."
3. Last minute teacher supply list. Geri Schuler-Bua said, "If we just would not complain about the teacher we get maybe they would give us the teacher at the beginning of summer not the end. Then we could save money on some of these supplies. Not everybody is Rockefeller." Viola Lola Vlismas agreed saying, "I don't even have the money for school supplies yet. I love the last minute list from the teachers. And they come home in June with most of the stuff. Do we really need 100 pencils sharpened? lol."
4. Waiting til last min to find out about teacher assignments and teacher specific classroom supplies. Dawn-Marie Bailey said that bothers her. "...not being told who the teachers and schedules are until the last minute (last week of August)," she said. "I have friends in other counties in New York who get that info. with the last report card in June."
5. Simone Rofe Jacobs knows exactly what bothers her the most. "Hmmmm. ... that's easy...school itself," she said. "Summer being over."
6. "I'm not looking forward to the overcrowded buses," said Terezija Maricevic.
Have anything to add to the list? Put them in the comments below.