For some, Christmas is a time to unwind and reconnect with family. For others, it’s more work than work-a-day work. Now that holiday event #1 is winding down, think about a few things you could do this coming week for yourself before the New Year rings.
1. Get your nails done: in Jamesport, in Mattituck and in Greenport are a few places to get that relaxing manicure or pedicure. Sit back and dream of those beautiful new hands holding that 2012 champagne glass.
2. Get a massage:, and in Mattituck offer relaxing massages in addition to a wide variety of salon services. You deserve it.
3. Go to the gym: Whether you have a membership or not, in Southold and Planet Fitness in Riverhead have the cardio equipment and weights to keep you in shape between the rich meals and creamy drinks this holiday season.
4. Do yoga: The North Fork and Shelter Island are home to several places to practice that ancient art of relaxation — yoga. Click here for listings for noted places such as Temple Yoga in Greenport, Pike Street Pilates in Mattituck and The Giving Room in Southold to stretch out and reconnect to yourself.
5. Do nothing: This is very easy for some and easier said than done for others. Take a day or two off, kick your feet up, snuggle up with your favorite person, pet, blankets and pillows, and watch a marathon of movies — or just stare at the fire — before 2011 leaves us for good.