Police: Kings Park Man Arrested After Killing His Grandmother
Suffolk County police have arrested a Kings Park man for reportedly killing his grandmother.
Kathleen Newcomb, 82, was found dead in her Berg Avenue home at 4:35 a.m. Friday.
Police said they responded to a 911 call made by Newcomb's grandson, Clarence Newcomb, 25. Police said he lived at the home with his grandmother and reported that a woman was lying on the floor of his home, adding that he assaulted his grandmother after a verbal argument.
One Man's Crusade to Bring Back Taco Bell
Graphic designer and life-long East Northport resident Robert Ryan has launched a one-man campaign to bring back the Larkfield Road Taco Bell, closed for roughly seven years.
Ryan created the "Bring Back Larkfield Road Taco Bell" Facebook page on Dec. 27 with the hopes of attracting some attention to the cause. The page has 35 likes so far.
Stony Brook Hospital's First Newborn of 2013 a 'Miracle' Baby for Brentwood Family
For Sara Estrada and Carlos Yanes of Brentwood, their baby girl's arrival on Tuesday wasn't the hardest part of the pregnancy. It was their frequent worry over complications.
Grandma Nurse on Duty When 2013 New Year’s Baby Born at St. Charles
When Lorrie Faulhaber went to her job as a labor and delivery nurse at St. Charles Hospital on New Year's Day she never expected that her first grandchild would also be the first baby born there in 2013.
Miller Place Fire Department Fights Fire at Own Firehouse
The Miller Place Fire Department is used to battling blazes in the area, but on New Year's Eve, members of the department had to tackle a fire in their own firehouse.
At 11:05 a.m. on Monday, First Assistant Chief Josh Hagermann was at the headquarters on Miller Place Road when the fire alarms starting sounding and smoke was found in the truck bay of the firehouse. Hagermann determined there was a fire in the generator room, and he and a few other members were able to get the trucks out of that side of the building while pulling an engine around to get water on the fire.