It's Veteran's Day and that means the kids are home from school. You can head over to the Commack Public Library for a variety of activities, or you can head to Whole Foods in Lake Grove to get a start on Thanksgiving ideas.
Have something to share with your neighbors? Shout it on our site, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Veteran's Day: Later this morning we'll have a full list of how you can thank a Veteran or participate in one of the many activities going on in towns around Commack today. Patch has teamed up with the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund to donate to those who have served, or are serving in the armed forces.
2. : A free, open to the public event at Whole Foods in Lake Grove shows you how to brine a turkey just in time for the holiday. The class starts at 1 p.m. and will also show you the variety of turkeys available at Whole Foods this holiday season.
3. : will host their weekly shape-up class for those looking for a low-intensity cardio workout with stretching and toning exercises mixed in. Classes run on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m..
4. Library Events: Join the staff of for pumpkin painting for students in grades K-2, nifty notebook design for students in grades 3-5, or a defensive driving class for adults from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m..
5. Want to know why Kings Park gets free, paper leaf disposal bags? We have the answer and it's coming at you this afternoon.