If you're looking for a way to beat the rain, you might want to head to the Suffolk Y JCC or Commack Public Library for some adult sports before heading out into the rain to watch the Cougars in the afternoon home games. You can also avoid the winter blues (or colds) with a flu shot at the Y.
Have something you'd like to share with your neighbors? Add it to our calendar.
1. Yoga: Flexible or not, all adults can enjoy this yoga class, with two levels of sessions form 8:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Sessions can be purchased at the Center.
2. Flu Shots: The Suffolk Y JCC is providing flu shots from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in conjunction with Suffolk County Department of Health. Don't worry if you miss this shot, however, you'll have another chance at the end of the month at the Commack Public Library.
3. Conditioning: Adult total conditioning at the Commack Public Library emphasizes muscle strengthening, balance and coordination. It also helps with flexibility and range of motion and is a weekly class, on Wednesdays at 10 a.m., for one hour.
4. Tai Chi for Arthritis: This event at the Smithtown Library is a weekly event – running on Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – that runs for six weeks. It costs $25 per class.
5. Cougar Varsity Sports: The Cougars are home for two games and away for one today, with Field Hockey at Commack against Sachem North at 4 p.m., Girls soccer at Patchogue-Medford at 6 p.m. and Girls Tennis at Half Hollow Hills West at 4 p.m.