Happy to see the sun? We are! If it rained anymore, we were going to start building a green ark! Anyway, on deck for Thursday, Oct. 7 is a volunteer day for all Patch employees – nation-wide. Commack Patch will be helping out at the Commack Public Library in the morning, be sure to say hello if you're there.
There's also some events for preschoolers, adult exercise and some sports recaps coming later in the day. Check out our directory for a night off from cooking – Commack's got a ton of great restaurants, why not try one tonight?
Have something you'd like to share with your neighbors? Add it to our calendar.
1. Natural Wonders: A preschool program at the Sweetbriar Nature Center in Smithtown will have your children embracing nature in ways you've never imagined. The costs range for members and non-members and can be found on their website.
2. Norman Rockwell Exhibit: The Ward Melville Heritage Organization holds a daily, free exhibition of Norman Rockwell artwork, open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Senior Shape-Up: A Suffolk Y JCC weekly event, Senior Shape-Up – on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. –allows adults to enjoy low-intensity cardio exercises, mixed with toning and flexibility work. Senior coupons can be used for these classes, more information on this can be found at the JCC.
4. Wondering how the Cougars faired yesterday? All the game profiles – for girls varsity soccer, girls tennis and field hockey will rotate through the site today.
5. Mayfair's getting a face-lift – new store fronts will be added to the already jam-packed Mayfair Shopping Center on Jericho Turnpike. Share your thoughts on this by e-mailing email@example.com.