• A swastika was recently found spray painted on the grounds of Kings Park High School.
Kings Park District Superintendent Susan Agruso said school employees discovered a swastika spray painted on the guard booth on the morning of Feb. 6 The district then contacted police to notify them of the incident, which is being investigated by the hate crimes unit.
No arrests have been made, and police are continuing to investigate the incident.
• A 26-year-old died in a crash on the Northern State Parkway in Dix Hills early Monday morning and the driver of the vehicle is under arrest for driving while intoxicated, State Police said.
Police say Yunior Josue Bonilla, 25, of Brentwood, lost control of a 2002 Mercedes CLK that was travelling at a high rate of speed on the parkway.
• Suffolk Police are seeking a man who was captured on camera stealing an expensive Bose stereo system from P.C. Richard & Son in Elwood recently.
The man reportedly stood by the door on Jan. 26 around 3 p.m. and waited for an opportunity to walk out with the $3,300 stereo.
• Police said Patrice Germain, 45, of Brentwood, was arrested in Smithtown on Feb. 14 after he chased another man, threatening him with a knife. Police also said Germain called the victim to make threats and threw a bowl against a wall, damaging property. He was charged with second-degree aggravated harassment, second-degree menacing, fourth-degree criminal mischief with intent to damage property, all of which are misdemeanors.
• According to police, Jose Fuentes, 35, of Smithtown, was arrested in Smithtown on Feb. 11 on a charge of assault with intent to cause physical injury with a weapon, a felony. Police said Fuentes attempted to injure a woman with a knife.
• Police arrested Nicole Caronia, 25, of Smithtown, on Feb. 13 in Smithtown after she allegedly stole cash and checks and used bank cards that did not belong to her. Caronia was arrested on a third-degree grand larceny charge, a felony.