The Commack Board of Education will meet tonight at 8 p.m. at to start the first in its series of budget work sessions.
The district is anticipating a more than $4,500,000 shortfall for next year’s budget and will begin a series of four discussions on how it will meet that gap, including two community input sessions.
The dates for the workshops are:
- March 8- District-Wide Administrative Codes, Elementary and Secondary Education, Staffing
- March 15- Special Education, Athletics and Co-Curricular, Buildings and Grounds
- March 26- Special Community Input Meeting
- March 29- Transportation, Technology, Undistributed Costs
- April 5- Informal Public Budget Hearing on the Overall Budget
- April 16- Special Community Input Meeting
- May 3- Public Budget Hearing