Commack High School dominated Suffolk Community College's Fourth Annual High School Art Competition, with students placing in the top three spots as well as three honorable mentions.
The competition was judged by members of the college's art faculty and included submissions in a wide range of media including drawings, paintings, photography and sculpture.
Forty-seven students from Commack High School, Brentwood High School and West Babylon High School submitted 66 pieces of artwork to the competition.
Commack's Andrea Tang took first place with her mixd media piece entitled Defined.
“Suffolk County Community College’s High School Art Competition is a truly authentic experience for young artists and a wonderful place for them to share their artwork in a professional setting," said Paul Infante, Commack's Director of Fine and Applied Arts. "It is a cultural event that motivates and inspires all who attend."
Here is a full list of the winners:
- First Place: Andrea Kang - Defined (mixed media)
- Second Place: Danielle Pilosof - Void (ceramic)
- Third Place: Nina Peskanov - Speak (photo)
- Honorable Mention: Ji Min (Janet) Lee - My Little Monster (oil on canvas)
- Honorable Mention: Rachel Dobiecki – The Secret Passage (photo)
- Honorable Mention: Jessica Lindeman – For Peacock (ceramic sculpture)