Thursday, like every day in Commack, offers a variety of way to get out and be active in the community, be it as a spectator, conversationalist or, in the case of one event, the recipient of a mighty relaxing back rub. So here's your daily five.
1. Though football season is over, that shouldn't mean you can't find a place to watch things get knocked down. You're in luck. The at 3:30 p.m. at Larkfield Lanes. Same difference, right?
2. However, if the sound of crashing bowling pins is a bit too jarring for you, here's an idea that's good for the mind, body, soul ... and community. United Cerebral Palsy of Suffolk is hosting its "." The idea: Get pampered at and your $150 fee goes straight to charity. Now that's a win-win.
3. For a simpler way to pamper yourself, join the New York Christian Woman's Club for at in Commack. Good conversation, good meatballs. Now there's another win-win (without the massage). The luncheon kicks off at 11:30 p.m.
4. Make sure to check back later for our latest and our weekly crime report. Yes, we realize that's a study in opposites.
5. And if Wednesday's windy deluge took down any trees in your neighborhood, be sure to send us your pictures. If we get enough we'll publish them as a gallery on Commack Patch. E-mail them to email@example.com.