School starts this week across Commack School District. Patch will be there to cover back-to-school moments, but we can’t do it without you.
To make sure you get the most out of Patch this school year, we invite you to get active in the news-gathering process.
There are five things you can do to make sure your school and its students get all the coverage they deserve from Patch:
1. Tell about big events and accomplishments: If you have a school-related story idea you’d like us to cover, then let us know about it! Send us a news tip with details and the person(s) we should contact for more information about the story idea. E-mail email@example.com.
2. Add your event listings: Have an upcoming band performance? Is your school hosting an open house? Just add the news to our events calendar. We invite you to add calendar events for your school, its extracurricular activities, clubs, PTA and more - for free!
3. Post your announcements: Want to let us know about a student, school or teacher accomplishment? Let everyone hear the news by posting your own announcements and photos. Just go to the Announcements section a click on the Add an Announcement button. It's easy and free!
4. Add your photos to our galleries: Throughout the school year we’ll be out gathering lots of photos of students and their activities. Be sure to add your own photos to our Commack Pics and Clips and share your memories with everyone. We might even feature them right here on Patch, and they could also be featured on WPIX during the 5 p.m. weekday news broadcast.
5. Sign up for the newsletter: Want to find out what’s happening in area schools? Keep up with Patch every morning by signing up for our newsletter. We’ll mail you the top headlines every morning.
And if that's not enough, then you could also easily become a Local Voices blogger on Commack Patch, and share your school's news, photos, accomplishments and sports results directly with fellow readers and residents on a regular basis.