- The Commack Ambulance 5K Run/Walk takes place Saturday at Sawmill Elementary School. This event is to raise money to benefit the volunteer members of the Commack Volunteer Ambulance Corps. All proceeds will go to benefit the membership.Click here to sign up.
- Enjoy live music and entertainment this weekend at Perfecto Mundo in the Northgate Shopping Center (1141-1 Jericho Tpke., Commack). The music starts Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 8 p.m.
- Friday is Ladies Night at Paint-A-Piece (6216 Jericho Tpke., Commack). Enjoy pottery, paint and wine from 7-9 p.m. Light snacks will be provided. Bring your own beverage. Raffle prizes will be granted to several lucky winners. Reservation is required. Call 631-486-6969 to RSVP.
Think your little one might be interested in dance, but not sure. Stop By Encore Dance Academy for their annual Open House/Try-It Day. There will be having free classes, raffles, giveaways, food and fun!
The John Custie Trio will present a collage of jazz, Latin, contemporary and ethnic music on Friday at Russ Savatt Park on Main Street as part of the Musical Moments in Kings Park concert series. Show starts at 7:30 p.m.
The Kings Park Farmers Market is held on Sunday from 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. in the municipal parking lot across from the firehouse on Main Street. If you post some pics while you’re grabbing some fresh goods at the Farmers Market, email us a link at email@example.com. Tag your posts on Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #KPMarket and we’ll grab them too for a gallery after the event.
- Arty Pizza Party for Kids (So Mom Can Have a Night Out!) Parents can drop the kids off at Abrakadoodle, on Lake Avenue in St. James for the evening. The kids will stay busy with pizza and beverages, read books, listen to some fun music and get creative. $40 per child; siblings $25 each.
Enjoy live music outdoors on the lawn of the Smithtown Public Library at 8 p.m. on Thursday nights. The Rotary Clubs of Smithtown and Smithtown-Sunrise will be collecting non-perishable food for local food pantries.
Join The Smithtown Library for a Friday movie matinee, from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., featuring a current or classic movie.
Enjoy three days of bands, food and fun at Nissequogue Beach this weekend beginning Friday night at the Long Beach Music Festival.
- Catch some rockin' cars and rock'n'roll on Sunday at the Summer Bash Rock'n'Roll Car Show and Concert in Nesconset. The show features over 170 show cars and trucks, live bands, great food, street vendors and more.
Visit the Nesconset Farmers Market. Open every Saturday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m., through Nov. 16, residents can come down to the shopping center at Nesconset Plaza, 127 Smithtown Blvd., for farm-fresh fruits, veggies and homemade goods.
- Bring the kids down to the Hauppauge Library Friday to see “Prestino the Magician.” Be ready for lots of laughs and audience participation in this family fun event, happening from 7-8 p.m. Click here to register.