- Enjoy live music and entertainment this weekend at Perfecto Mundo in the Northgate Shopping Center (1141-1 Jericho Tpke., Commack). The music starts Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 8 p.m.
- Learn about Bulldog rescue at Petco in Commack (30 Veterans Memorial Hwy.) Sunday at 10 a.m.
Enjoy live music outdoors on the lawn of the Smithtown Public Library at 8 p.m. on Thursday nights. The Rotary Clubs of Smithtown and Smithtown-Sunrise will be collecting non-perishable food for local food pantries.
- Join the party at Short Beach in Smithtown this Saturday. Linda Browne, operator of Short Beach’s concession stand, invites Town of Smithtown residents to come down and enjoy live music starting at 3 p.m. Beer and wine will be available.
- Join The Smithtown Library for a Friday movie matinee, from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., featuring a current or classic movie.
- “Nunsense” and “Jack and the Beanstalk” are now playing at the Engeman Theater in Northport. For tickets, visit http://engemantheater.com/
- Hear live jazz vocals with the Barr Sinister Jazz Group Sunday at Campari (225 Main St.) starting at 5 p.m.. Wine and appetizer pairings and specials throughout the set.
- The Northport Historical Society continues its Sunday at the Society series with a musical performance of sea chanties by musician John Corr Sunday at 3 p.m. in the main gallery of the museum, located at 215 Main Street in the village of Northport. Admission is free for NHS members; all others are $5.
The Just 60s band will perform classic hits from the 1960 on Friday at Russ Savatt Park on Main Street as part of the Musical Moments in Kings Park concert series. Show starts at 7:30 p.m.
The Kings Park Farmers Market is held on Sunday from 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. in the municipal parking lot across from the firehouse on Main Street. If you post some pics while you’re grabbing some fresh goods at the Farmers Market, email us a link at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tag your posts on Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #KPMarket and we’ll grab them too for a gallery after the event.
Visit the Nesconset Farmers Market. Open every Saturday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m., through Nov. 16, residents can come down to the shopping center at Nesconset Plaza, 127 Smithtown Blvd., for farm-fresh fruits, veggies and homemade goods.